Re: Speecking of grammurs...
- From: "John O" <johnospamalot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:47:36 -0400
"RichL" <rpleavitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Brian Running <brunning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I believe it stated 1 hour a week if "your" as opposed to "you're"
Which doesn't really deserve criticism. So, you type "you'r" and your
spell-checker turns it into "your" instead of "you're." Big deal. We
all have typos that end up being changed by our word processors into
something we don't intend. And, we all make typos, period. Oh, well.
I get a kick out of the spelling suggestions that Word sometimes comes
up with -- especially with people's names. Sometimes the suggestions
it comes up with, for names that are spelled correctly, are hilarious.
People were more careful about their writing back in the days before we
had such awesome technology.
Some of the letters sent by soldiers during WW2 were filled with
mistakes...and the journals written by Meriwether Lewis are, at times,
barely English. :-)
Personally, I think a lot more people are writing in the Internet age.
- Prev by Date: Re: Chicks in the band
- Next by Date: Re: One thing about Disco
- Previous by thread: Re: Speecking of grammurs...
- Next by thread: Re: Speecking of grammurs...