Re: Speecking of grammurs...

Brian Running <brunning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I believe it stated 1 hour a week if "your" as opposed to "you're"
free.

Which doesn't really deserve criticism. So, you type "you'r" and your
spell-checker turns it into "your" instead of "you're." Big deal. We
all have typos that end up being changed by our word processors into
something we don't intend. And, we all make typos, period. Oh, well.

I get a kick out of the spelling suggestions that Word sometimes comes
up with -- especially with people's names. Sometimes the suggestions
it comes up with, for names that are spelled correctly, are hilarious.

People were more careful about their writing back in the days before we
had such awesome technology. I still run spell/grammar checkers on
anything that other people are going to read (outside of usenet), but at
least 95% of the time the suggestions are wrong (or hilarious or both).

Thinking while you're writing helps a lot. In this particular case, I
think the bad writing reflects very poorly on the school system.

  • Re: Speecking of grammurs...
    ... Which doesn't really deserve criticism. ... all have typos that end up being changed by our word processors into ... And, we all make typos, period. ... I think a lot more people are writing in the Internet age. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: To the misc.writing party who emailed me about the "disturbed individual"
    ... There are recognisable differences between typos and spelling ... Yours were spelling errors -- inexcusable in one ... criticising another's writing ability. ... her posts should not typo-pounce others. ...
    (misc.writing)
  • Re: ot--any surgeons here
    ... it is but the air forcr ripped it out of me--i used to win spelling bees ... Peter, your writing isn't "typos." ... I am dropping out from reading your posts. ...
    (rec.bicycles.misc)
  • Re: searching for yoda - a developers tale
    ... The mundane problems are with simply writing out the SQL queries to ... include the JOIN clauseand not have any typos. ... that the folks in relational db land have understood for decades. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Textbox 64K Limit -REMOVED-
    ... writing however is barely understandable. ... May be some typos in it? ... apps. ... To design in features that make your app only work on win2k is a bit ...