Re: ITT: You help me buy an 8 track recorder
- From: coreybenson <coreybenson@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 12:00:50 -0700 (PDT)
On Jun 6, 11:31 am, Pt <pea...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jun 6, 10:39 am, coreybenson <coreyben...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dude, I've asked before... I just gotta ask again. Why do you hit the
enter key after EVERY sentence?
In the late 80's-early 90's I was a forums operator on several Chicago
area based BBS's.
Technology was much different in those days.
If I wrote a message with the sentences following each other you would
have to scroll horizontally to read it all.
Thus I changed to one line per sentence so people could read it
without having to scroll.
This practice has stayed with me through the years and I don't plan on
You may notice that others who have been posting messages since that
era also do this.
Just think of it as reading song verses or poetry.
I'm glad there's actually a reason. I can ignore it now. It seemed
like a really weird quirk.
Thanks for letting me know, PT. There's such a plethora of HORRIBLE
typing on the interweb, and it drives me batty. I hate to be a "bad
cop" - but I think it's rather indicative of the downward spiral we
seem to be taking, educationally, at least.
I'll stop complaining! Again, thanks for the reasonable response! :-)
- Prev by Date: Re: ITT: You help me buy an 8 track recorder
- Next by Date: Re: ITT: You help me buy an 8 track recorder
- Previous by thread: Re: ITT: You help me buy an 8 track recorder
- Next by thread: Re: ITT: You help me buy an 8 track recorder