Re: ITT: You help me buy an 8 track recorder
- From: coreybenson <coreybenson@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 08:39:27 -0700 (PDT)
On Jun 6, 10:06 am, Pt <pea...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jun 6, 3:29 am, "js" <nothing AT nothing DOT com> wrote:
PS: I'm NOT looking for PC/Mac/Live recording tips. Just standalone boxes.
A few months ago I was in the same boat.
I needed something that I could make a live demo on.
8 tracks simutaneously.
After much research I decided on a Fostex VF 160, 16 channel HD
I could mixdown with it and save to a CD.
I spent several hours with it and could record and play back but
that's as far as I got.
This machine may be simple to some people but it was mind boggeling to
I'm an old analog guy.
8 track reel to reel would be perfect but the good ones cost too much.
I am considering putting the Fostex on ebay.
If you are interested you can have it for $300 which is considerably
less than I paid for it.
It has 16 inputs of which 2 are XLR
Dude, I've asked before... I just gotta ask again. Why do you hit the
enter key after EVERY sentence? It makes your posts very hard to
read... which is too bad, since you usually have some good points to
By the way, your needs for something easy is exactly why I suggested
the HD24. Might as well be a tape machine, at least from a
Sorry for being a paragraph nazi.
- Prev by Date: Re: ITT: You help me buy an 8 track recorder
- Next by Date: Re: Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0
- Previous by thread: Re: ITT: You help me buy an 8 track recorder
- Next by thread: Re: ITT: You help me buy an 8 track recorder