Re: Bass Player Self Identification

invisaman75 wrote:
On Mar 8, 2:20 am, patmpow...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Mar 8, 2:48 pm, Susan <s...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You are a bass player if you can play In A Gadda Da Vida.

I thought "In A Gadda Da Vida" was the guitar players creed! :)

Okay, somebody better figure this out before I start learning a 3 hour long song. Isn't there something else??? :-)

-Susan

  • Re: OK. Whats up? Is this a RANT?
    ... We want to learn a song we don't spend hours ... find out how to play songs. ... did when you started out (original bands). ... coming up to six months learning how to play properly. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Rate the musical acts, II
    ... Warren Zevon basically had Werewolves of London. ... was an okay songwriter and an okay performer. ... "Werewolves" is not representative of his best work. ... "Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (which is a whole different song when he ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Im cautious to ask ... couriosity killed the cat
    ... I am not a very, extroverted person; I've been learning on my own and not pursuing any other guitar players for help; I know a few who play, but they reside in different parts of the country. ... Without listing all the chords that I know, I'll say that I can chord all of the 1st position chords; 'Cowboy chords' I think is what they've been referred to. ... it get the idea that you want to "do your own thing" - that you're not interested in developing a song list of other peoples music to regurgitate. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: New song.. listening encouraged
    ... First song listed, "Roll Out ... That is one of the downsides of learning guitar by learning other people's ... theory and scales if I want to maintain my originality. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: mysongbook.com shut down
    ... professional musicians who hasn't performed someone else's music at some ... old) aspiring musicians who just want to learn their favorite song. ... Forget learning riffs, melodies, chords from ... We must all study individually and purchase the rights to ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)