Re: Faking a fretless sound?

I have a Zoom 506II digital multi-effects pedal, which, amongst other things, does a decent "fretless" sound. Also has nice chorus, flange, distortion, wah, all kinds a stuff. It's not made any more but the current equivalent model is the B1
take a look here http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/b1/index.php Runs about $80.

"David Axt" <daxt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:13smnrl72abob99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to fake a fretless sound with a fretted bass. The classic rock band I am in has 1 song that sounds good on a fretless. I would prefer to only take one bass to the gig. Is there a pedal that would give me a halfway reasonable fretless sound?

Thanks,
David

  • Re: URB action question
    ... Cool, Thanks John, good info. ... sound like a fretless. ... I don't really thing there is any particularly "critical" bridge action ... I do like the sound I getting now, but it's a real bear to play for more ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Fretless Jazz bass....GAS
    ... the sound and feel of the bass. ... characteristic fretless "mwaaa" sound. ... I heard a bluegrass bassist on fretless, ... hum I heard when I was auditioning it wasn't much louder with one pickup on ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Fretless Jazz bass....GAS
    ... the sound and feel of the bass. ... characteristic fretless "mwaaa" sound. ... I heard a bluegrass bassist on fretless, ... hum I heard when I was auditioning it wasn't much louder with one pickup on ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: any classic rock tunes w/fretless?
    ... You know, it's funny, Sting played fretless on a lot of stuff but it didn't ... I think the "fretless" sound depends on ... tune is out there ... ... is not all that noticeable with a full rock band playing at ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Squire fretless bass reivew (long)
    ... I have goofed around on a fretless bass but I still play it like a fretted ... This way the strings vibrate in a larger area against the board and helps ... get that cherished "mwah" sound. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)