Re: Happy Birthday to Me!
- From: Mike <tetrickm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:15:36 -0700
On Oct 31, 6:52 pm, Steve <st...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's kinda fun having to think through some exercises that up till
now I've taken for granted (scales in thirds etc.).
Why? Have you changed the tuning on that 5th string?
Nope, it's more the muscle memory. I had always used the "top string" as a
base, so to hit a "c" it was always third fret, second dtring from the top.
Now, I've got this whole new area to play with, and I find my left hand on
a different string than my right hand is playing.
I know this has been discussed here many times before....but I always
wonder how people come to call the string the plays the lowest notes
the "top" string. Sure, if you are looking at someone holding a bass,
it's the string that's the farthest from the floor. That fat string
is the bottom, dude!
- Prev by Date: Re: Repairman question
- Next by Date: Re: First Real Gig
- Previous by thread: Re: Happy Birthday to Me!
- Next by thread: Re: Happy Birthday to Me!