Re: Visual cues on stage?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Am I nuts to ask for this?

I am now playing with the same people for 5 years. In some songs, the
solos are open lenght. Usually, the soloist (sax, keys or guitar) is
giving a clear cue when he is about to finish. Sometime visually,
sometime by playing the recognized end of the solo. A couple of times,
when the guitarist was a bit drunk, me and the drummer had to agree and
go on with the next verse or chorus. (The guitarist is leaving after
our next gig by the way...)

The lead chick singer had learn how to cue. We asked her to "tell" us
when were the bridges and the end of each songs. She is now very good
at it.

--
Frederic Gelinas

  • Re: Dicky Betts & Great Southern, Ridgefield Playhouse, Ridgefield, CT 6/3/06
    ... DB is playing with passion ... equivalent of halfway back on the floor of the Beacon. ... For the songs that I saw both bands do (BS, IMOER, One Way Out, ... course the guitar solos are always as fresh as can be, ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: I am stuck
    ... If that doesn't work, go out and buy an electric guitar, a Boss "Blues ... >playing, the less I feel like playing. ... You'll just play the same old boring stuff you've been playing ... I must know 1000 songs. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: I Know Everything!
    ... > contract at a new club 1,200 miles away, following a band who's more popular ... > Like, how the bass amp should be right next to the drummer, and the guitar ... > you see someone blow your shit away playing a Squier... ... > have written a FEW good songs, ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: I am stuck
    ... Sometimes those old songs are like a mantra. ... I have a DADGAD arrangement of "If I Was a Carpenter" that I cobbled up in '69 that still feels good to play. ... It's really hard for me to pick up a guitar that I'm not bonded to and get whatever it is that I get from playing. ... I'm going to tell you what I tell my students; "never" put your guitar in the case unless you're leaving the house with it. ...