Re: What am I missing?

Derek Tearne wrote:

So, you're not missing anything. They really are making good stuff,
often with a limited component life span, in China. And by the time it
wears out and you buy your next one it will be even cheaper.

My Spector Euro cost about $1,500. I simply love the feel of that bass. It's a joy to play. When I was shopping I played instruments more expensive and less expensive (I wasn't looking at price tags). This one spoke to me. I'm sure there's a bass like that out there for everyone. It may cost more or substantially less. It is what it is.

I also have an Epiphone Thunderdird (about $300 new) and an MTD Kingston Fretless ($150 used). Both are perfectly serviceable instruments. If I didn't have the money for the Spector, I'd play either of them as my regular bass.

  • Re: The old goblin
    ... own bass playing. ... He never told anyone they had to play Fenders. ...  If Boom is telling ... sounded like an extended jam that you guys whittled down into a song. ...
    (alt.fan.howard-stern)
  • Re: argghh the world pisses me off, I wanna die
    ... Ask not what bass can do for you...Ask what YOU can do for bass. ... play on an off night, in the hopes you'll attract some new drinking ... As a new person going along to a jam night one has to consider why *you* ... As a bass player at a jam night your are starting out at a ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: luminous fret markers?
    ... play at a particular bar where I see nothing. ... A faint glow remains for hours, ... Bass: OLP MM2 ... GLOW in the DARK Fret Markers/Dots for Guitar or Bass ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: cabinet question: handling a B string
    ... I don't generally "play out", ... often) and two bass rigs, one a combo and the other an amp/cab setup. ... pre-requisite - if you're a bass player and don't play in ensembles what ... I think vintage for bass ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)