Re: Opinions on replacement pickups
- From: Marc <marc.birkett@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:41:34 -0700
Ive been following this thread with interest as I am also on the
lookout for some replacement pickups for a Jazz (type).
I picked up a Vintage Advance AV4 (http://www.jhs.co.uk/
vintageadvance.html) from ebay a couple of months ago and have been
pleased with everything except the pickups, I get loads of hum and
feedback when im standing close to my amp, and considering a play in a
garage at the moment, im always close to the amp :-)
The prices of the pickups suggested here have been a little high for
me (in the uk) so I have a short list of the following:
Kent Armstrongs - either Alnico or Ceramic poles at about £60 for the
pair. Anyone played any of these and any advice on the differences
would be great. Does the closed face or open face pickup covers make
any difference apart from the look?
Wizard Pickups - a long shot this one - anyone played the Sixty-Fours
or the Eighty-Fours and can give me any feedback? They are at
and are £70 for the pair.
I think thats all I can really find at the price I want to pay - but
open to any suggestions of a pickup set at around £60.
Sorry for hijacking the thread! I can delete this post and start a new
one if need be.
- Prev by Date: [OT] Insignificant Matters of No Worldwide Importance
- Next by Date: Re: Radio Station Contest & Web Airplay
- Previous by thread: [OT] Insignificant Matters of No Worldwide Importance
- Next by thread: Re: Opinions on replacement pickups