51 P bass - Proper bridge Cover placement

I have see the bridge cover both ways. Did Fender intend the bridge cover to have the wide end facing the neck or facing the other way?

I suspect it's supposed to be with the wide end down so it matches the pick up cover. Thanks for any help

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM01/Content/Fender/PR/50th-Anniversary-P-Bass.html

  • Re: Change a bridge be repaired in the mouth?
    ... and free of decay), a facing may be able to be removed and replaced ... However, if this is a 'porcelain to metal' bridge, the new facing will ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)
  • Re: someone call me and tell me I am dreaming
    ... We all have days where jumping off a bridge makes more sense that ... facing the reality of it all. ... convince ourselves that sucking that sickerette poison will somehow ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Tech Help Sys80 Circus Power supply
    ... What would cause a bridge to fail after having the game ... When we got the game, the chip notch was facing away from TP4, so that ... facing wrong way cause the fuse to blow? ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • LIAR Of The Day!!!!!! Tater Gumfries Is A Proven Liar - #007
    ... The cheapest and surest way to get your guitar set up is to take it to ... The bridge is improperly set up, that is, the bridge pieces (little ... the neck has too much bow. ... electronic tuner to set up the bridge. ...
    (alt.politics)