Re: Ray Brown, Niels Pedersen, Oscar Peterson
- From: "js" <NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 03:57:32 -0400
What do you expect? You've got three T-Rexes fighting each other for all the
sonic space below 1K, with the piano and drums having the top end all to
themselves. It's the nature of the beast(s). I'm surprised the Superbass
albums came out 1/2 as good as they did, and they're still muddy.
With his own trio though, Ray's sound was very balanced.
Check out my band, West Eats Meat http://www.myspace.com/westeatsmeat
My Homepage, Back By Popular Demand: http://www.jmsjazz.com
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it
- Bill Hicks
"BW" <barrybassist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Whew! I get tired just watching! Kidding aside, this is a great video.
Two bassists, one pianist, all virtuosi. As usual, the piano is too
loud compared to the uprights (unless it's my computer's speakers,
which is possible), but the music and the players shine. Great
technique on Niels right hand. Fasten your seat belts and enjoy.
- Prev by Date: Re: Working
- Next by Date: Re: An experiment in Attitude
- Previous by thread: Re: Ray Brown, Niels Pedersen, Oscar Peterson
- Next by thread: Lee Rocker in NYC