Re: Testing,Testing, One-Two-Three........

"Neil N" <daltonmusic@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I tried textnews.news.cambrium, and another. No posting. Perhaps it's
a firewall issue, ( but Lookout Distress works fine ) Just can't be
bothered to figure it out right now.

I just checked myself. Posting is disabled at the news server. It's not you.
I guess I never posted using that server, but I have used it to read. Sorry
about that.

  • Re: IP number question
    ... You *should* be talking about NNTP, because that is all that is ... The news server ACKs the windows by sending TCP ... You didn't read the original posting carefully. ... So how does google -know- that 192.70.172.31 was the posting host? ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Now this is interesting!! Im Abusive!!
    ... Unless you were posting through BT's own news ... any control over what you say on Usenet. ... If BT *does* run a news server, and you've been using it, just don't. ... google BT can only control what goes through their own ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: Limit on size of postings
    ... This is because posting directly to the newsgroup relies on ... addresses for each group's moderators. ... running their own news server, ... * Makoto Quit ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
  • Re: RSFC unreadable
    ... :> to a news server from behind our firewall. ... Probably not the boss or else we/they wouldn't be firewalled in such a way. ... Besides, I take my work home a lot, and also have to ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Censorship
    ... Microsoft's news posting filter which will auto-block certain content ... Topic subject matter the MS News Server admin. ... posts at Microsoft's discretion. ... Pass a Net Neutrality Law in the US!!!! ...
    (microsoft.public.security)