Re: Question for Group Lawyers....

Derek Homsberg <dhomsb32@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's a corrolary: Can a songwriter or recording artist prevent a parody of
their song? In other words, does Weird Al need permission from anyone other
than paying the applicable license fees?

Weird Al could probably get away without paying royalties or asking
permission. However, he does ask permission and pay whatever he needs
to pay.

--- Derek

--
Derek Tearne - derek@xxxxxxxxx
Many Hands - Trans Cultural Music from Aotearoa/New Zealand

  • Re: why cyclists dont use cycle lanes
    ... they do *not* pay for permission to use the road ... VED relates to the specific vehicle not to your general permission to ... Ambulances and Health Service Vehicles ... If people were so against paying VED there would ...
    (uk.rec.driving)
  • Rights and Royalty Issues
    ... the permission of the author or arranger. ... cares and no one will ever go after you for recording a performance ... Strictly speaking, ... If a man speaks of his honor, make him pay cash ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: How Do Bands Use Other Bands Music Legally???
    ... something - using the actual recording - you get permission and pay a ... royalty you negotiate with the copyright holder. ... statutory royalty amount to pay and if you pay it, ... If you just want to perform someone else's song, ...
    (rec.music.makers.piano)
  • Re: My PCPs Doctor group wants my records and me to pay for the copies
    ... However....I just "followed" my pcp from a large group into a private ... complete medical record and she wants me to pay $30.00 for the copying ... Needless to say I replied that they did not have my permission to ... anywhere else(with your written permission) also means a copying fee... ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Small Claims Appeal
    ... you'll probably be ordered to pay the costs of your opponent. ... purchase a door in the 'Monza' style with the quoted ironmongery, ... was indeed a contract in force from 21st May 2008. ... giving permission to appeal, the sole matter at hand is the quantum of ...
    (uk.legal)