Re: Using bottom 4 strings of 5 string set on a 4 string bass?

Yeah, that's a good guess. Add that to Jim's calculations, and I think I
have a decent hypotheses.

What you said about "equilibrium" rings true. I had a monster tapewound set
on my Fretless '82 Bullet neck for years. I finally pulled them off and
threw on some Elixirs, and the neck instantly S-curved, while the trussrod
froze. I finally resorted to using a HUGE mechanic's Philips head driver and
torqueing it with vice clamps and a pry bar. Busted the truss rod
completely. oh well...

Like I said, I'm not a fan of 4 on a side tuners, OR 1 piece necks. But like
an English automobile, you take the good with the bad I guess.

So should we add a caveat to the standard AGB "BEAD conversion" thread -
"not recommended for use on Fender style instruments"?

--
Check out my band, West Eats Meat http://www.myspace.com/westeatsmeat

"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it
comes out."

- Bill Hicks