Re: Pro rig? What is pro?

"JMiller" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:98c4v2d1m4mjsus1gfgcm5uns81q96hdl8@xxxxxxxxxx

I consider "pro equipment" enough to do gigs where the PA only carries
the vocals. It also has to be reliable and sound good. If you can
only own one amp, I would say that minimum pro for bass is at least a
300 watt amp and a speaker cabinet that moves air cleanly, like a
decent 4 x 10" or 1 x 15". Having said that, on gigs with a big PA
that you either DI or mic the bass, you can use pretty much anything.
I'll use my 25 watt Ampeg B-15N on those gigs and go over great. I've
seen guys show up with little Hartke kickback amps and go over great.
But if you have a small vocals-only PA, you need something that will
move air. That's what I consider "pro."

That's pretty much what it means to me as well. Too bad people can't just
say that.

  • Re: Hang-Time??? Ping: Rich Koerner
    ... Rich is exactly right when he says that heavily overdriving an amp ... Now, as long the the switch is left in that position, the speaker cone, ... what instrument produces a 2 Hz square wave? ... The bass, in the hands of Bootsy Collins. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Actual amp question on preamp tube swapping
    ... high gain of the amp. ... That would give a bit more gain than what you have, ... especially if you need to turn both bass and treble all ... the way down and use the meager range of the mid control to supply all ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: Actual amp question on preamp tube swapping
    ... high gain of the amp. ... That would give a bit more gain than what you have, ... especially if you need to turn both bass and treble all ... the way down and use the meager range of the mid control to supply all ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: Lowest Frequency
    ... sound disembodied. ... even if the double bass ... an SS amp. ... energy content of each frequency played on a particular instrument, ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: Amp topic: which (tube) bass amp circuit is the best?
    ... ok, i know there is no "best amp"; neither for guitar, nor for bass guitar. ... However, everything is riding on the power supply having what the 6550's NEED to wake up, the choice ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)