Re: The New Guitar God

Wonderful position, see how grabbing the neck with the index finger
allows the thumb to move freely.

  • Re: Thumb Position With Old Fingers
    ... It doesn't want to bend fully closed without hurting. ... I'm a one for resting my thumb on the top of a thin neck. ... restricts the movement of my index finger and causes ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Thumb Position With Old Fingers
    ... I've got a problem with the main joint of my left hand index finger. ... It doesn't want to bend fully closed without hurting. ... I'm a one for resting my thumb on the top of a thin neck. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: question about playing guitar chords
    ...   For most of thechords,  I find it most comfortable to let ... the left thumb hang over the neck, or is wrapped around the neck. ... when playing the Dminor. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: question about playing guitar chords
    ... the left thumb hang over the neck, or is wrapped around the neck. ... play that same chord with the thumb over the neck like the others if I ... when playing the Dminor. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: Position is Everything------left hand thumb
    ... Keep the end of the thumb of your left hand in the middle ... Keep your left thumb perpendicular to the neck ... Of course Matt is talking to players just starting but for us ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)