Re: From fretted to fretless...
- From: "Stronger Than Dirt (John)" <skokiaan@xxxxxxx>
- Date: 30 Aug 2006 14:33:23 -0700
I was playing fretted about three years before buying a fretless just
for the hell of it. I was instantly hooked. I've been gigging
exclusively with a fretless for 5 or 6 years.
Whenever someone compliments me on my fretless playing I tell them it's
much easier than it looks. I think it only intimidates players because
there is no safety net of the frets. You just have to get past that
and relax. It's really just mental. All the notes are in the same
place. You just gotta listen to what you're doing.
I find fretlines to be confusing. Too much to look at for me. I try
not to look at the neck too much when I play. All I want to see when I
glance down are a few side position markers, not lines like notebook
- Prev by Date: Re: Auditions
- Next by Date: Re: From fretted to fretless...
- Previous by thread: Re: From fretted to fretless...
- Next by thread: Re: From fretted to fretless...