Re: String fit problem
- From: "JoeSpareBedroom" <dishborealis@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 05:35:27 GMT
"Benj" <bjacoby@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'll another question. At one of the string mfrs' web sites (don't recall
which), they mentioned a "budget" string set. The only factual
offered was "no silk wrap". Is the wrap just cosmetic?
The wrap is both cosmetic and to keep the wound wire from unwrapping.
I'm sorry to say that I once went through what you are. Had a
situtation where the wrap caused the string not to fit the bridge. I
basically did what you did. I unwrapped the string (and then carefully
rewrapped it to have some thread there to keep the string from
unwinding but not so fat as it wouldn't fit. After the string looked a
bit ratty but worked fine. But in the end it was just too big a pain so
I never bought that brand again for that bass.
I strongly urge you to try a set of nylon wrapped strings. Terrific
tone and feel! Flats...No, I don't think so on that bass.
What are they...nylon over a roundwound?
- Prev by Date: Re: String fit problem
- Next by Date: Re: Bass Convert Needs a Clue!
- Previous by thread: Re: String fit problem
- Next by thread: Re: String fit problem