Re: Billy Sheehan vids comment.

I must admit, I never really saw Sheehan play until I discovered YouTube a
few weeks ago. I was not as impressed as I thought I'd be. His solo's just
seem to be average guitar licks on the bass.
Now Victor Wooten's solo's are something to behold, he is playing things
unique to the bass and making it jaw dropping yet interesting beyond just a
first listen. The clinic duet he does with Steve Bailey are beyond
description. I never get bored seeing Victor but after a couple of Sheehan's
video clips, I'd had enough. He to me comes across as a typical frustrated
guitar player who switched to bass because he couldn't get noticed on
guitar...just my opinion.

Geo.

  • Re: Billy Sheehan vids comment.
    ... I never really saw Sheehan play until I discovered YouTube a ... seem to be average guitar licks on the bass. ... I never get bored seeing Victor but after a couple of Sheehan's ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Billy Sheehan vids comment.
    ... I never really saw Sheehan play until I discovered YouTube a ... seem to be average guitar licks on the bass. ... I never get bored seeing Victor but after a couple of Sheehan's ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Billy Sheehan vids comment.
    ... Sheehan used to do a big classical solo break in his gig each night too. ... AND he spun his bass around... ... seem to be average guitar licks on the bass. ... I never get bored seeing Victor but after a couple of ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)