Re: SWR combo amps

joemamma wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Presently this would be used in the same situation,
> jazz quartet. Don't know if the future holds more noise!

Good price, incl. free shipping (seems to qualify).

Following others, I suggest you need to audition as many amps as you
can before you buy. The price won't matter if you don't like the sound
you're getting on the gig. The SWR stuff is fine with me, but some
really, really don't like the WM sound.

I played through an Ashdown Mag 300 1-15 combo recently. Store price,
$399+ tax. 300 watts (no "ohms" given in specs), with ext. cab it might
play as loud as you ever want. Sounded good enough to do some money
math on the way home <g>. Not much more than that mail order SWR. (It's
not a bad thing to be a customer in your friendly local music store,
either).

Personal fave in combos is the Ampeg B50R. Real portable, love the
sound and the look, too (yeah, it makes a difference!). Small enough to
use as a woodshed amp, has a headphone jack, too.

That Fender Bassman 250, single 15, was impressive, at least in the
store. A wow! impression for that one, if on a very limited test drive.
--D-y

  • Re: acoustic confusion
    ... sound is the priority. ... surely it can't sound as good for that price? ... My neighbour who knows more about this stuff than I was well impressed with my £200 yamaha feeling it was the best he had played in the under £400. ... He has a £3000 manson btw and at least gives the impression of knowledge! ...
    (uk.music.guitar)
  • Re: MIJ Jaguar Special HH -- any good?
    ... You can walk into the store and get the guitar for the e-bay ... price or pretend you never saw the e-bay ad and try to haggle them down ... Anyway, a Jag is something that's always been in the back of my mind, ... I might like the sound of a Jazzmaster better but I'm betting its sound is closer to several guitars I already have. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: negotiating more minutes
    ... I've only been reading this news group for a few months, but my impression ... For the same price we can get ... Verizon to get more minutes? ... can, but when I tried it in a store tonight, they said "NO." I don't ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • The scams of Black Friday
    ... They don't call the day after Thanksgiving "Black Friday" for nothing. ... profitable for yourself, not the store. ... Most Black Friday deals are leaked early online. ... If the price at the register is significantly higher than ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: A few used CDs & CDRs for sale.
    ... sound too trusting, but I have rarely gotten burned by forum members ... Price $3.00 ... CDR; ... Emperor Concerto with Rudolf Serkin. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)