Re: Enlarging nut grooves
- From: "Twang" <coleNOSPAMman_patrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:24:01 GMT
"Clive" wrote in message ...
>"Doug Kanter" <ancientangler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Might have to do this to accomodate some slightly fatter strings for my
>> Peavey Cirrus. There are three decent luthiers here in town. I'm
>> if the responses could range from:
>> 1) "That's like open heart surgery. Two weeks and lots of money"
>> 2) "No problem, ready in 2 days, $39.50"
>> In reality, how big a deal is this kind of modification?
>Lots of good advice above...
>here's another tip:
>If fitting heavier gauge round-wounds
>you can use a cut length of each string
>as a file to get an exact fit in each
>nut slot...assuming you have an old
>set of the correct gauge laying around.
yeah. if you want to, you can make one of those Y shaped dental floss things
out of some wood.. and that helps you keep the string level and
in the groove.
>Selectron (UK) Ltd
>Musical Equipment Distribution
>"The more corrupt the State,
>the more numerous the laws".
- Prev by Date: Re: Song suggestions?
- Next by Date: Re: WTD..Stingray parts
- Previous by thread: Re: Enlarging nut grooves
- Next by thread: New amp double woo-hoo!