Re: Power Amp / Pre Amp

Hooo boy... Lemme just pull up a chair and get comfy for this one...

--
Lessons, music and more at www.jmsjazz.com

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid,
but most stupid people are conservatives."
- John Stuart Mill

"Bazooka-Joe" <bazooka-joe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> cc wrote:
> > I know we have been through this ad nauseam, but just one more time for
> > the old guy in Texas.
> > I want to retire my G.K. 1001RB to backup status.
> > If you were buying a pre amp/power amp setup today, and you wanted at
> > least 1400 watts at 4 ohms, and you wanted the whole thing as light
> > weight as possible (old guy, remember) , what would it be?
> > So far I have looked at:
> > Crown XLS402B
> > QSC RMX Series
> > and Behringer 2500
> > any other suggestions?
> > What about pre amps?
> > Thanks Folks!
> > Cc
>

> I tend to do a lot research and do a lot of self-testing before I get
> too excited about Behringer stuff. Not to say they don't make good
> gear...just that they can and have put out sub-par stuff IMHO.
>
> I'd add the Carvin DCM line and Peaveys to that list. Peavey stuff may
> be "iffy" in some markets but I think I'd trust their power amps.
>
> :Bazooka-Joe

  • Re: Need someone with experience - amp question
    ... Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, ... - John Stuart Mill ... The Alesis amps are meh in my opinion. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: sailign season is here
    ... some wiring problems but will give me peace of mind. ... Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, ... were having a bitch of a time getting our boats through the dense ... Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Covers Bands and Originals Bands
    ... Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, ... >> Motown, or Alfred Lion when he started Blue Note, among many. ... >> Learning funk bass? ... >> Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: RIAA et al. says CD ripping, backups not fair use
    ... Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, ... Rather than allow Mickey and friends to enter the public domain, Disney ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: OT: Some more history
    ... Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, ... LBJ never unleashed American air power. ... communicating "restraint," and his desire to negotiate. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)