Re: Power Amp / Pre Amp

cc wrote:
> I know we have been through this ad nauseam, but just one more time for
> the old guy in Texas.
> I want to retire my G.K. 1001RB to backup status.
> If you were buying a pre amp/power amp setup today, and you wanted at
> least 1400 watts at 4 ohms, and you wanted the whole thing as light
> weight as possible (old guy, remember) , what would it be?
> So far I have looked at:
> Crown XLS402B
> QSC RMX Series
> and Behringer 2500
> any other suggestions?
> What about pre amps?
> Thanks Folks!
> Cc

I tend to do a lot research and do a lot of self-testing before I get
too excited about Behringer stuff. Not to say they don't make good
gear...just that they can and have put out sub-par stuff IMHO.

I'd add the Carvin DCM line and Peaveys to that list. Peavey stuff may
be "iffy" in some markets but I think I'd trust their power amps.

:Bazooka-Joe

  • Re: Power Amp / Pre Amp
    ... >> the old guy in Texas. ... > too excited about Behringer stuff. ... > I'd add the Carvin DCM line and Peaveys to that list. ... > be "iffy" in some markets but I think I'd trust their power amps. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Behringer EPQ450 and EPQ900
    ... Does anyone have any experience using Behringer 1 rack unit power amps ... I have not used the Behringer. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: TAC reviews the Behringer A500
    ... >> over Behringer, Stewart, or other junk amps. ... > They had a bad rep years back but many pros are in fact happy to recommend ... I had owned quite a few equalisers including two "professional" ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • Re: Truth in Advertising?
    ... "All tube amps with custom hand selected tube sets" ... Behringer has produced alot of crap, ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)