Re: Power Amp / Pre Amp

cc wrote:
> I know we have been through this ad nauseam, but just one more time for
> the old guy in Texas.
> I want to retire my G.K. 1001RB to backup status.
> If you were buying a pre amp/power amp setup today, and you wanted at
> least 1400 watts at 4 ohms, and you wanted the whole thing as light
> weight as possible (old guy, remember) , what would it be?
> So far I have looked at:
> Crown XLS402B
> QSC RMX Series
> and Behringer 2500
> any other suggestions?
> What about pre amps?
> Thanks Folks!
> Cc

I tend to do a lot research and do a lot of self-testing before I get
too excited about Behringer stuff. Not to say they don't make good
gear...just that they can and have put out sub-par stuff IMHO.

I'd add the Carvin DCM line and Peaveys to that list. Peavey stuff may
be "iffy" in some markets but I think I'd trust their power amps.

:Bazooka-Joe

.