Re: Q for gigging bassists: how do you practice?

"airbass" <arallen_never_no_spam_@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> In the evenings if I'm not gigging or rehearsing I noodle about with music
> theory on the new piano (electric/headphones).

Is that worth your time, or would your time be better spent playing bass?
I'm asking this because I have a family, a dayjob and playing is my hobby.
But, I thought about getting a midi keyboard and hook it up to the computer.
I'm only a bit afraid it will only be one more of a toy and I'll waste my
bass playing time on learning how to "type". :) I'm aware of the fact I'll
never become a keyboardist, so it may only serve as a theory-machine.

Danko

  • Re: Amps
    ... playing through a crappy little Vox practice amp. ... Band is playing blues-rock - drummer, 2 guitars and me on bass. ... My current Hartke Kickback 12 served me well in a mainly acoustic ... Is it worth feeding the O/P from the Hartke (which can be ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Amps
    ... playing through a crappy little Vox practice amp. ... Band is playing blues-rock - drummer, 2 guitars and me on bass. ... My current Hartke Kickback 12 served me well in a mainly acoustic ... Is it worth feeding the O/P from the Hartke (which can be ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Amps
    ... playing through a crappy little Vox practice amp. ... Band is playing blues-rock - drummer, 2 guitars and me on bass. ... My current Hartke Kickback 12 served me well in a mainly acoustic ... Is it worth feeding the O/P from the Hartke (which can be ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Im Angry
    ... to acknowledge it, not worth the effort. ... Though it had nothing to do with you or your playing, ... your comments in response to my posts were often ... much appeal it would have if it were otherwise, but hey. ...
    (rec.music.makers.trumpet)
  • Re: Im Angry
    ... Perhaps not exact verbatim terms but same basic message. ... to acknowledge it, not worth the effort. ... Though it had nothing to do with you or your playing, ... much appeal it would have if it were otherwise, but hey. ...
    (rec.music.makers.trumpet)