FYI - Windows users be afraid. Be very afraid.

Right now, there is an unpatched vulnerability in nearly every version
of Windows that is going to make 2006 start of very very badly for
folks.

Here's what (little) you can do to protect yourself. The unofficial
patch that's out there has been reviewed by some mighty trusty
organizations and given how easily you can get owned by this
vulnerability, they're recommending it. Read more:

http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?storyid=994

I've never been more glad to have stayed with plain text clients based
on unix for both my mail and news reading. But for web browsing, and
IM, this thing's got me gunshy, and not using IE is little solace.

Best Regards,
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/

  • Re: FYI - Windows users be afraid. Be very afraid.
    ... there is an unpatched vulnerability in nearly every version ... > of Windows that is going to make 2006 start of very very badly for ... some dumbass microsoft ... nutter says to another "hey, this could come in handy some day, ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Should Oracle buy OpenVMS?
    ... I think it has been demonstrated in the industry that Unix and Windows ... Of course that's not a problem for all those folks who don't need ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Did you REALLY give up Windows?
    ... > |I'm wondering about is how many folks out there ... > Well I never gave up Windows because I never had it, ... I'm an old Unix hand and I've had Unix ... > and Linux in some form or other, starting with the PDP11, through Suns ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)