Tone question

-----When I played my J-bass at rehearsal, I got feedback until I
rolled off the treble on the amp.Now the bass sounds warm and fat, but
when I went to pop, I couldn't hear the note through the mix.The neck
pick-up is real hot, you can hear even a slight tap as if it were a
microphone.I've been playin a 5-string with active PU's, and haven't
had this problem.I really like the four string though, and would like
to play it more . Any ideas?

  • Re: Help recommend some good pick-ups to meet my needs
    ... always having sort of a battle with adjusting polepieces and string gauges ... neck pickups on, that gives them a lot of character and depth. ... See www.crankenhaus.com for some of my EMG tones. ... constantly looking for the right strings, pick-up height, etc. to overcome ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: 1939 Gibson L-50
    ... Did you have pick-up on yours? ... The neck is really close to the body - part ... of the unique sound but makes pickup choices limited. ... price. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)