Re: Mitt Romney: A very big gamble for the GOP
- From: Les Cargill <lcargill99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 19:22:40 -0600
On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 19:17:41 -0500, "RichL"<rpleavitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Spender"<Spender@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Shoulder the burden? Did you miss the part about the top 25% of taxpayers
paying 80% of all federal income taxes?
What percentage of all income in the US is made by the top 25%? I'd be
extremely surprised if it was less than 85%.
2009 tax data shows that the top 25% made 65.8% of the income, but paid
87.3% of federal income taxes.
The top 10% made 43.2% of the income, but paid 70.5% of all federal income
The top 1% made 16.9% of the income, but paid 36.7% of all federal income
That all seems to be fairly progressive to me.
Oh, it is. Was someboldy saying it isn't?
And notice this little bit about the top 0.1%:<snip>
- Prev by Date: Re: Mitt Romney: A very big gamble for the GOP
- Next by Date: OT| Yet another magazine cover...
- Previous by thread: Re: Mitt Romney: A very big gamble for the GOP
- Next by thread: Re: Mitt Romney: A very big gamble for the GOP