OT: All he had to do was to keep his trap shut...
- From: "RichL" <rpleavitt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 19:19:00 -0500
.... to win the Republican nomination for President.
Yeah, Newt. Dumbass had to rant on about arresting Federal judges. My prediction that he'll get the nomination is now up in smoke. And his poll numbers are tanking.
"Former House Speaker and Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich, has said that as president he would have U.S. Judges who take decisions not in line with the policies of his administration arrested.
"Reuters reports that Gingrich said on CBS's "Face the Nation" that he would ignore Supreme Court decisions in conflict with his power as commander in chief.
Gingrich, on CBS' Face the Nation, said he would consider using United States Marshals and Capitol Police to arrest judges and force them to appear before Congress to explain controversial decisions. According to Gingrich, the founders of the U.S. created three equal branches of government, therefore, if Congress and the President disagree on a court ruling it should be considered invalid.
I'm thinking this might be a good read for "historian" Gingrich:
What a flippin' idiot!
- Prev by Date: Re: OT:Something Political
- Next by Date: Re: Amp Content (How Little I Know...)
- Previous by thread: OT| What goes up...
- Next by thread: Re: OT: All he had to do was to keep his trap shut...