Re: Interesting commentary on the UK riots
- From: Les Cargill <lcargill99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 21:49:37 -0500
"Les Cargill" <lcargill99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
1) It is generally accepted that parental discipline of children was
*MUCH* stricter in the 19th Century, slowly declining in severity to
the present day.
2) The list of riots in the 19th Century is much
longer than any other list at the link. "Why" would
be a very messy thing to explain.
Humans are generally getting more and more peaceful, as
per Steven Pinker.
Intellectual laziness: taking a single, isolated incident and attempting
to draw grand conclusions about how society has gone wrong.
I like Frum a lot:
- Prev by Date: Re: Interesting commentary on the UK riots
- Next by Date: Re: WI recall was yesterday .. All those Democunts are crying in their beer
- Previous by thread: Re: Interesting commentary on the UK riots
- Next by thread: Re: Interesting commentary on the UK riots