Re: Interesting commentary on the UK riots
- From: "RichL" <rpleavitt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 22:25:39 -0400
"Les Cargill" <lcargill99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:j21h90$84r$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1) It is generally accepted that parental discipline of children was
*MUCH* stricter in the 19th Century, slowly declining in severity to
the present day.
2) The list of riots in the 19th Century is much
longer than any other list at the link. "Why" would
be a very messy thing to explain.
Humans are generally getting more and more peaceful, as
per Steven Pinker.
Intellectual laziness: taking a single, isolated incident and attempting to draw grand conclusions about how society has gone wrong.
- Prev by Date: Re: Interesting commentary on the UK riots
- Next by Date: Re: "The Rich Ruleth Over The Poor"
- Previous by thread: Re: Interesting commentary on the UK riots
- Next by thread: Re: Interesting commentary on the UK riots