Re: ridiculous NOS tube prices!

Squier <squier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

well at least they are sky high prices to me.

http://www.tubedepot.com/newarrivals.html

Telefunken Diamond Bottom ECC803s preamp tube = $1,295.95 (US)
that's right. it's not a mis-typed price.
get 'em now before they are 2 grand. WTF ?

With that in your amp, you
must put these in your guitar:

<http://www.seymourduncan.com/newproducts/zephyr-silver-pickups.php>

  • ridiculous NOS tube prices!
    ... well at least they are sky high prices to me. ... it's not a mis-typed price. ... get 'em now before they are 2 grand. ... WTF? ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: Monster cable responds to internet rumors
    ... If you use it on most home systems you probably won't notice a difference. ... However if you spent $5 grand on your amp and 10 grand on your speakers, all the advantages of owning such a system would be ruined with ordinary wiring, such as the dynamics and clarity, stereo separation etc... ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Something to amuse and educate?
    ... Imagine you have £1000 to spend on an amp and a guitar - no effects, ... sure for run of the mill swag I'd hand over a grand to a shop. ... I shouldn't imagine they're ...
    (uk.music.guitar)
  • Re: Cashing in on an investment, what guitar should i get!???
    ... maybe a PRS - works for Opeth! ... I'd seriously consider spending the other 3K on an amp and outboard ... If you walk into a guitar shop and tell them ... you have five grand to spend, they'll make sure you spend five grand. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: off the shelf amp
    ... off the shelf combo tube amp for classic country and blues. ... blackface Super Reverb sounds thin next to a silver face. ... But if you MUST have a walk-away new amp for under a grand, ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)