Re: GOP Wins "Lie of the Year" Title

Les Cargill <lcargill99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

T-Man wrote:
On 2010-12-29 21:26:25 -0500, Bruce Morgen <editor@xxxxxxxx> said:

Nobody's demanding that the
professional who actually
provides the service go
unpaid, so your entire
quasi-argument is moot --
and sophistry to boot.

No it is not. Perhaps I should make it clear to your view THOUGH I
suspect perhaps a doctor may indeed be liable for NOT treating by his
own choice in some States money not being a factor. (not saying I know
the law on this).

Sorry, putting on a different level. *You* do not have the "right" to
demand ME to pay for any technical skill or expertise of any person to
benefit another person as an individual. This is only possible by folly
in law. The best argument to funnel money from the public is a survival
problem projected to a group where the group needs to foster force as in
defense.

Healthcare is one of the really good examples of where rights-based
thinking breaks down.

No, health care as a right
just gives wibbertarian
dreamers pounding headaches
because it interacts
uncomfortably with the
pseudo-intellectual koolaid
they've been swigging since
discovering Ayn Rand books
circa puberty. Health care
is a de facto right
throughout the industrialized
world with the exception of
the U.S. -- and without
exception those countries get
more for their money than
Americans do.

  • Re: GOP Wins "Lie of the Year" Title
    ... The best argument to funnel money from the public is a survival ... problem projected to a group where the group needs to foster force as in ... issue by a very good Libertarian thinker: ... exception those countries get ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: What is a Liberal? What is a Conservative?
    ... Liberals are collectivists who believe government is the god. ... Education will NOT have any effect on the costs of certain needs, such as Health Care. ... In fact, it might even exacerbate those costs, as more 'educated' doctors discover bettertreatments as well as betterdiagnostic tools. ... No matter how much money I may make has NO effect on the cost of goods and services I need to purchase. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Atheists: Americas most distrusted minority
    ... The govt that tried to take all of our money wouldn't last long. ... I'm simply pointing out that the money the government /should/ ... money that we've already collected through taxes first? ... which provide free health care to all their citizens and ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)
  • Re: OOOT- auto workers wages & kinky calculations
    ... The workers are making too much money (along ... How much propping up does Toyota get from the Japanese governmemt? ... GM paid $4.6 billion in 2006 in health care costs for ... A lot of those retirees were employees who were downsized ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Socialized medicine for children
    ... That's a lot of money. ... 10-year-old program of providing coverage to poor children. ... of adults under SCHIP. ... whose hand is detected in health care struggles the past 15 ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)