Re: MusicMan HD-130

What part of the Peavey VTM-120 and Music Man HD130 are solid state? Both amps have preamp tubes and power tubes.

boardjunkie wrote:

Keep the load matched to the amp......just do it. SS amps don't care
about load (as long as its not too low and drawing excess current),
tube amps do. Keep it matched, or risk a repair bill.

  • Re: Audio Research VM220 and VT200 amps have serious design shortcomings......
    ... Both sets of amps belonging to two different owners complained about ... My experience is not wonderful with all ARC amps because they end up ... easy to adjust bias settings. ... 6N1P driver tubes. ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: A few general PP power stage questions
    ... >> But what does one do if you have a dozen output tubes, 6 per side of the PP ... >>> could theoretically be combined with CFB. ... >> Quad II amps are renowned for such problems when the tubes age and many samples ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: Ping Prof Turner: Amplifier questions
    ... It's voltage tripled off an 18V tranny I'm using for the ... > Fixed bias did get the 4.6 watts out of hard clipping though. ... For any SE amps I like to have Vr < 10mV. ... output tubes, so hence the idea of a choke becomes attractive. ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: Audio Research VM220 and VT200 amps have serious design shortcomings......
    ... Both sets of amps belonging to two different owners complained about ... My experience is not wonderful with all ARC amps because they end up ... easy to adjust bias settings. ... 6N1P driver tubes. ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: relays for B+
    ... and then OP tubes have to pull the B+ ... Some amps will make a whooping scream at turn on or turn off. ... standby power power might be reduce from 270W for full use ... home heating of perhaps $20, so cost is $117.97 for 5 years listening, ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)