Re: OT: Fox News--New Low, possibly illegal

Spender wrote:

Which is another reason they don't particularly care. As long as it
isn't losing money.

Do you really not get this? Why would a huge corporation allow a
newspaper or TV network it owns to harm the profitability of other
divisions of the corporation?

They rarely do allow that, regardless of which political point of the
view one usually expects from any particular outlet. I am speaking of
politics in general, not particular media events related to any media
outlet's parent company's interests.

In other words you're making it up as you go--they don't, but they do
sometimes, except when they don't, or something.

Besides, GE didn't seem to have any particular problem back when
Letterman was regularly lambasting them on the Late Show. They are
not as sensitive as you think.

Was anything Letterman said doing them any real harm, dragging down the
parent company's reputation in the eyes of the public? Leno and Conan make
jokes about NBC, The Simpsons writers throw in digs at Fox--obviously the
networks don't care because it doesn't damage them. But the media covered
the story about GE's faulty reactors except for one network, can you guess
which network had more important things to talk about? Gee, what a
coincidence huh? But we're supposed to believe that the media have a
liberal bias that the corporations that own the media companies don't care
about because it's just "politicis in general"--whatever that's supposed to
mean. Sure, that's convincing.

  • Re: "Invalid Connection Data" Message XBOX 360 acting as an MCE
    ... Read my blog for the latest in Media Center topics ... I've tried direct connection of Xbox 360 to PC and also via my network ... The network trace is reporting TCP checksum issues when attempting ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: MMC
    ... I changed: System Cryptography: Use FIPS Compliant Algorithms for Encryption, Hashing and Signing back to Disabled, tested Xbox' MCE and I could get in with no problems. ... If I run the network test it tells me it has slow performance. ... I have also tried WMP11 media sharing and it works fine for video and music. ... the time that you tried to add the Xbox 360 as an Extender. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • NBCs "Studio 60" is most anticipated new show
    ... It's the show media people are talking about ... it looks as though the network ... commitment from NBC, ... Among NBC?s other dramas is ?Kidnapped? ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: "Invalid Connection Data" Message XBOX 360 acting as an MCE
    ... Windows XP Windows Media Center 2005 - Update Rollup 2 ... I've tried direct connection of Xbox 360 to PC and also via my network ... The network trace is reporting TCP checksum issues when attempting to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Vista and Xbox 360
    ... I'll see if I can find aother wireless AP to try somewhere. ... reliability between Windows Media Center Extender on Windows Vista and Xbox ... Does not seem to be a problem with the wireless network in general: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)