Re: OT: Fox News--New Low, possibly illegal
- From: "DGDevin" <dgdevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:00:16 -0800
Mike Pritchard wrote:
By the way....Rather failed in that he didn't make sure his staff
properly checked sources. He did not intentionally use false
docs....it was an error (or, they were duped!). And besides...the
information in those documents has mostly been shown to be true.
Only the documents themselves were mostly faked.
There is such a thing as negligence, they relied on a document they *wanted*
to be true so they didn't check into it as closely as they should have.
Just as bad, when they got caught they lied about having vetted the
document. Rather's producer was a crusader, a journalist with an agenda,
and that's a dangerous combination.
So....yes, there were mistakes made, which cost him his job.
That's the key issue, people lost their jobs over reporting as fact
something that turned out to be false. Contrast that with Fox where the
people who got fired were the ones who tried to blow the whistle on false
information being broadcast as real news.
- Prev by Date: Re: OT: Fox News--New Low, possibly illegal
- Next by Date: Re: The schooling of Masturbating Betty: How to export songs on the BR1600 via USB
- Previous by thread: Re: OT: Fox News--New Low, possibly illegal
- Next by thread: Re: OT: Fox News--New Low, possibly illegal