Location of tone stack?
- From: Mandrake's Rootwerx <mandrake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 13:13:14 -0400
Most of the amps I've looked at put the tone stack after the first
preamp stage. My el-cheapo Crate V18-112, on the other hand, puts it
after all the preamp stages, right before the phase inverter. On the
Matchless Chieftain, the tone control topology is pretty different
from most of the others I've seen, and is also split, with bass and
middle following th first preamp stage, and the treble following the
So, my question is, all else being equal, what would be the effect of
moving the tone stack forward through the preamp stages?
- Prev by Date: Re: Famous Peace Prize Winners
- Next by Date: Re: Famous Peace Prize Winners
- Previous by thread: OT| Palin still failin', "notably absent from gubernatorial races"
- Next by thread: Re: Location of tone stack?