Re: Obama's New Secret Gun Control Bill Being Voted On Soon!
- From: "DGDevin" <dgdevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:01:59 -0700
JP <mukibuki@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please send this to everybody on your list... this is Obama gun
control by secrecy.
Hey mukibuki -
1. The bill has no co-sponsors (usually the kiss of death)
2. It's holed up in committee, never brought up for discussion
3. The Obama administration does *not* support it.
4. It's no more a secret than where you were supposed to go when they
passed out the brains -- an opportunity you surely missed out on.
Now why bother JP with reality, not the least of which is why this is "Obama
gun control" when the White House has nothing to do with it; or how it's
supposedly a deep secret that gun shop owners don't know about when it's
been all over the net since it was introduced the first time in 2007 and
died in sub-committee ( the current version is suffering the same fate, it's
unlikely even to come up for a vote); or that some of the supposed
provisions of the bill as reported by scare-mongering e-mails are incorrect
(although the actual bill is bad enough).
The National Shooting Sports Federation has pointed out that Democrat
leaders know if such a sweeping bill were to be passed by them they would
lose control of Congress in the next election--almost half the households in
America contain at least one legal gun owner. Even the most pro-gun-control
Dem leaders like Diane Feinstein have admitted they have no chance of
significant new gun legislation at this time, although she has also said she
is prepared to move on the issue when the right time comes along. So yeah,
this is a bad piece of legislation, like dozens of other gun bills
introduced by individual members of Congress over years, but it's going
nowhere. If it were to get out of committee and get some traction it would
be worth getting excited about, but there is no sign of that happening even
with the recent multiple shootings that have made headlines. As usual JP
has his underwear in a twist over false information, why is nobody surprised
- Prev by Date: Re: Source for BALANCE bias pot? (Warning - actual amp content)
- Next by Date: Re: 9th Circuit court backs 2nd Amemdment
- Previous by thread: Re: sucks ***for rearendship
- Next by thread: Re: Obama's New Secret Gun Control Bill Being Voted On Soon!