Re: Everyone have a good Christmas?

Elvis Kabong <ampscience@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So why so few are posting today? At the alleged after-Christmas
"sales"?

Of course, it's also another occasion to be thankful for,
but I was miserable yesterday - sore joints, backache,
unenergetic and mostly uncomfortable. Weird, and
even getting sloshed didn't really help.

Would have like colder weather, but sometimes it's like the
bleedin summer on Christmas day over here.

The food was good and everyone else was in a fair mood,
but this year, everyone in my immediate family decided
not to exchange gifts but make sure the kids got presents.
We all know who to thank for the wonderful economy, right?

However, things could be worse - could be jobless, homeless
or starving or in a war zone. Could have been stranded in
storm and not even reach destinations on time.

It's hard to be cheerful when feeling physically out of it.
But not only do I have a *lot* to be thankful for, there's
still enough optimism to keep me pushing ahead and
not giving up. Here's hoping all of you all too.

However, it would have been a lot better if that $700 billion
had been divided among our population of 305,493,081
and counting http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html
instead of going to all of those swindling money changers,
usury agents, loan sharks, credit card slimes, sleazy money
grubbing bankers, financial crooks and that entire institution
of middlemen making money off of workin stiffs and causing
inflation.

Guess we'll have to see if Obama keeps his promises even
though we also need to be part of the solution as well.

God help us all!

One of my sons got stranded on Christmas Eve when his car died halfway
between his home in Virginia and here in Maryland. He, his wife, and my
grandchild finally made it though, safe and sound, with only an annoying
$50 towing bill and the unanticipated expenditure for an alternator to
worry about.

Obama gives me hope but events like two nuclear-equipped nations
starting to play chicken on the Indian subcontinent give me pause and
are largely out of his control.

Frankly I think it's time that humanity starts focusing a bit more on
cleaning up the gawdawful mess it's leaving in its wake and saving the
king-of-the-mountain crap for the history books. When was the last time
that we engaged in a war and could honestly look back afterwards and say
"It's a good thing that we did that." It would be before I was born,
for sure, and that's a *long* time ago.

Merry Christmas to you Ed and to everyone.

  • Re: President Obama on Doctor Who
    ... >> can't be 2008 because Obama didn't take office until 2009 so it can>> only ... >> Christmas 2009 since by Christmas 2010 most of the world will already>> be ... >> Jonathan Ross would create 1000 new jobs are the BBC in an instant. ... But you have to remember that Barack Obama is going to use this money to ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)
  • Re: 08/07 Doonesbury/Rush Limbaugh synchronicity
    ... Spoken like someone who is happy with his health insurance. ... it costs more to educate boys and girls than to just educate boys. ... We spend a lot of money trying to not die. ... Bush was mocked mostly for his facial expressions - Obama is mocked mostly for his ears. ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • --- The Great Debate! ---
    ... Hussein Obama and Vice President Biden. ... money to now be criminally stolen from each, from all, of those ... along with WAR CRIMINALS Bush and Cheney and their regime, etc., etc., ... the ONLY way to get rid of Al Qaeda is simply to pack ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • ### ALERT! ### (12)
    ... What the hell are you doing? ... to reduce the amount of money in those Social Security ... What happened was President Clinton and that REPUBLICAN JEW Alan ... It is your job, Obama, the very second that you take office to put out ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: Right vs Left Rally Comparison
    ... "leftist" rallies are filled with the American equivalent of the ... Obama make him Defense Secretary yet? ... He gave them money to keep them afloat while he tries to regulate ... Health care will very quickly morph to gov't taking the ...
    (rec.music.artists.kiss)