Everyone have a good Christmas?

So why so few are posting today? At the alleged after-Christmas
"sales"?

Of course, it's also another occasion to be thankful for,
but I was miserable yesterday - sore joints, backache,
unenergetic and mostly uncomfortable. Weird, and
even getting sloshed didn't really help.

Would have like colder weather, but sometimes it's like the
bleedin summer on Christmas day over here.

The food was good and everyone else was in a fair mood,
but this year, everyone in my immediate family decided
not to exchange gifts but make sure the kids got presents.
We all know who to thank for the wonderful economy, right?

However, things could be worse - could be jobless, homeless
or starving or in a war zone. Could have been stranded in
storm and not even reach destinations on time.

It's hard to be cheerful when feeling physically out of it.
But not only do I have a *lot* to be thankful for, there's
still enough optimism to keep me pushing ahead and
not giving up. Here's hoping all of you all too.

However, it would have been a lot better if that $700 billion
had been divided among our population of 305,493,081
and counting http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html
instead of going to all of those swindling money changers,
usury agents, loan sharks, credit card slimes, sleazy money
grubbing bankers, financial crooks and that entire institution
of middlemen making money off of workin stiffs and causing
inflation.

Guess we'll have to see if Obama keeps his promises even
though we also need to be part of the solution as well.

God help us all!

  • Re: Engine layout effect on handling?
    ... On occasion, when enough money is involved, they will. ... made a mistake on his BBS where I used to live in Florida. ...
    (rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Everyone have a good Christmas?
    ... but I was miserable yesterday - sore joints, backache, ... usury agents, loan sharks, credit card slimes, sleazy money ... God help us all! ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: Future of Microchip Development Tools? See inside...
    ... The other factor was that for less money, ... >I was able to get a much more powerfull TI processor. ... >project with it on one occasion ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Chasing up refunds on switching utilities.
    ... even if it is cheaper by D/D. ... On *every* occasion that a utility company has owed me money it has ... taken months of waiting on multiple phone calls to get the money back. ... power utilities, I'm glad I didn't leap in, with Br Gas prices set to ...
    (uk.finance)
  • Re: OT: banks being helpful
    ... On more than one occasion (the last being ... yesterday when I paid in The Cheque), they've told me "do you know you ... money in the wrong account. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)