Re: Talk radio can't polish Palin

DGDevin <dgdevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I thought rather weak moderation allowed both candidates to duck
questions and make speeches instead. If the question was about an
economic issue or whatever then they shouldn't have been allowed
to veer off topic.

I think partially this was due to the Right Wing Smear Machine
effectively softening up Ifill prior to the debate with their
nonsensical "bias" claim related to her forthcoming book.

Your comment that Palin "did well" is, to me, testimony to the degree to
which the bar had been lowered. "Much better than expected", maybe, but
I think even Dan Quayle would mop the floor with her in a
no-holds-barred debate.

.