Re: OT - Politics
- From: greego <greg.w.lindsay@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:25:19 -0700 (PDT)
On Aug 27, 3:27 am, Random Excess <centr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Centrists shall rule.
Huh? They already do. No left-leaning policitian is a complete
socialist and no right-leaning politician is completely economically
laissez-faire. No left-leaning politician is completely pro-peace and
pro-civil liberties and no right-leaning politician is a pro-war
fascist (although some come close.) Both the mainstream 'left' and
'right' positions are internally inconsistent - the only truly
consistent positions on government are anarcho-capitalism and
totalitarian socialism (ie, complete decentralisation of power or
complete centralisation of power.) Centrism is just populism and the
lack of clear understanding of the purpose of government. It's not
surprising that the views of politicians have moved to the centre -
they'll do and say whatever gets them the most votes. It's so
ridiculous that voters of one stripe constantly attack those on the
other 'side' without realising that it's a false choice. Basically,
most people are ignorant. The kind of retarded debate that goes on in
this newsgroup is a clear example of that.
- OT - Politics
- From: Random Excess
- OT - Politics
- Prev by Date: Bush Admin Creating NEW Jobs for American's...Head 'Em Up, Move 'Em Out.
- Next by Date: Re: Bush Admin Creating NEW Jobs for American's...Head 'Em Up, Move 'Em Out.
- Previous by thread: OT - Politics
- Next by thread: Re: OT - Politics