Re: Ampeg Gemini I Re-Visited

"Elvis Kabong" <ampscience@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:cnO%j.25692$hv2.1220@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Lovguitar" <lovguitar@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:c432be0d-3d0c-4c9c-831e-2c3dbc36b1a8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well, heeding the collective advice about the Gemini I with the blown
filter multi cap I ordered a new one from Antique Electronics. The
new one came, I opened up the amp again and discovered that the one I
replaced was in fact a CE multicap, just like the new one that came!
Not an Aero, like I originally stated. Sorry!

And there's still hum... you need to verify the rectifier's
non-leakage. The schematic I see shows four diodes
in a bridge... check all of them with a DVM.

Since there's no hum balance, your amp should
reference the filaments to ground some other way.
If there's not 100ohm resistors from each
side of the filaments to ground, put them there.
__
Steve
..

  • Re: Ampeg Gemini I Re-Visited
    ... Since there's no hum balance, your amp should ... reference the filaments to ground some other way. ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: 3 phase
    ... I have some thyratrons with 1000 amp plates, 22 amp filaments. ... used to drive a three phase motor. ... Three motors to one antenna. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Ashdown "Fallen Angel" 60
    ... first channel to a level that is annoying to the owner, ... The hum is PS ripple... ... Order item, customer has to wait, amp takes up space... ... Is the hum on the DC filaments? ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: DC filarment modding question
    ... the first preamp tube's ... inviting hum back in by not ... all other sources of hum in the amp has to be put to bed. ... they power the filaments from the same supply diodes too. ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: Will you buy Behringer equipment again after reading this?
    ... filaments in parallel. ... I remember seeing the occasional 12AT7 in TV audio circuits, ... guitar amp that used a combination of 12AX's and AT's with series filaments, ... it had some weird output tubes, like 16V6's, or something like that. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)