Re: Ampeg Gemini I Re-Visited

"Elvis Kabong" <ampscience@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:cnO%j.25692$hv2.1220@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Lovguitar" <lovguitar@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:c432be0d-3d0c-4c9c-831e-2c3dbc36b1a8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well, heeding the collective advice about the Gemini I with the blown
filter multi cap I ordered a new one from Antique Electronics. The
new one came, I opened up the amp again and discovered that the one I
replaced was in fact a CE multicap, just like the new one that came!
Not an Aero, like I originally stated. Sorry!

And there's still hum... you need to verify the rectifier's
non-leakage. The schematic I see shows four diodes
in a bridge... check all of them with a DVM.

Since there's no hum balance, your amp should
reference the filaments to ground some other way.
If there's not 100ohm resistors from each
side of the filaments to ground, put them there.
__
Steve
..

.