Re: Technical question about reverb tank

"Claudio" <capellini.claudio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi all,
Friend of mine just gave me an old tube tank. It's a large delay, two
springs type with no information about brand, impedance or serial # at
all. Just IN and OUT plugs marked. I measure 180 ohms of DC resistance
at the input coil, so.. any idea of what the input impedance could be?
I know it's too high to be an 8 ohms tank... I put it in a 2 x 12at7
driver with a 8 ohm tranny and I do get reverb, but too dimm to be
useful.

Thanks,
Claudio.

The input impedance is 1500 ohm similar to the Accutronic type 4F

--
Chucktronic
Lo-Tech RepairMaster

  • Re: Completly OT but...
    ... Low impedance output, high impedance input, ... Who bothers with matching impedances in audio these days? ... What you want is a low output impedance and a high input impedance - ... lower than 600 ohm on the one hand, and quite a lot higher on the other ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: I keep blowing damn speakers! Why?
    ... the difference between a 4 ohm and 8 ohm driver is going to be a max of 3 dB at any given frequency within its range. ... The difference is that a passive crossover is a low impedance network that is distributing power to other low impedance devices, ... Next comes second order crossovers, which have an inductor in series with the woofer and a capacitor in parallel with the it, and a capacitor in series with the HF speaker and an inductor in parallel with it. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: I keep blowing damn speakers! Why?
    ... the difference between a 4 ohm and 8 ohm ... is distributing power to other low impedance devices, ... inductor in series with the LF driver and a capacitor in series with the HF ... We know from the picture on the link that CW posted that the crossover on ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: impedance questions with lynx one and old mic pre / headphones
    ... Resistance is impedance at DC. ... >card say the lynx will run a load of 600ohms. ... This is running into a 24k ohm load impedance on ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Composite vs. Component Cables
    ... G-Squared understands transmission lines and impedance matching and his ... For it to be a 75 ohm reactance at ... RCA connector. ... Longer cables tend to illustrate the weakness more ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)