Vox ac100cph Bias questions.
- From: mjtwelve@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 20:26:52 -0800 (PST)
Hello, I have a Vox ac100cph and I am throwing in some new tubes they
are electro-harmonix el34's. I have some questions.
On the back of the amp there is a cover over the bias adjusters. there
are 2 bias adjusters and above them are 3 pins that are sticking
1. I am wondering how I can tell what each pin does without ripping it
apart. There is nothing in the manual or the net that I could find. I
am assuming they are test points but why 3 of them?
2. I stuck a volt meter in pin 3 of the first tube socket and touched
one to ground and it got a reading of 1661Vor so do I take that number
and divide it by four to get my plate voltage? This is the first time
I am biasing an amp.
3. do I need to add a 1ohm resistor to the tip of my meter to get the
correct number on the test points.
Thank you for your help.
- Prev by Date: Re: Marshall 2204 JMP - Should these resistors be disconnected??
- Next by Date: Re: Sovtek tubes suck!!!!!
- Previous by thread: Need some expertise for repairs/mods for a '79 SR
- Next by thread: Re: Vox ac100cph Bias questions.