Re: Sovtek tubes suck!!!!!
- From: White Spirit <wulfgar1976@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 06:39:19 -0800 (PST)
On Nov 19, 12:31 pm, Rich Koerner <ri...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With respect to 12AX7's and 12AT7's,... I've left more old Sylvania's, GE's, RCA's, Telefunken's,
Amperex's, Raytheon's, etc... in amps than I've replaced with polished turds.
With respect to 12AX7s, half of the old GEs, Sylvanias etc. floating
around these days are too microphonic or otherwise noisy to use in a
high gain amp where, for the price paid, I can only justify using then
in V1. Without a reliable supply of old 12AX7s at a sane price,
'polished turds' are the only realistic option. I have a decent
collection of Mullard, Brimar and Telefunken ECC83s but finding
replacements when one fails is only going to become more difficult
- Prev by Date: Re: Mellencamp's plan backfires
- Next by Date: Re: Newsdemon Abuse Department Response
- Previous by thread: Re: Sovtek tubes suck!!!!!
- Next by thread: Re: Sovtek tubes suck!!!!!