Re: Vox AC30 - age and type?

"J.P." <jpasano@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:09dn931oce7o5nh0ne29ok8s34j0dafk6l@xxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 01:38:41 GMT, "RichL" <rpleavitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"J.P." <jpasano@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:elhl93l10h8qr0ba6va5td45eucbd4qgqq@xxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 00:12:00 GMT, "RichL" <rpleavitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"J.P." <jpasano@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:t7dl93tlqu6qt0h0eihq8oq91mjsevt8cu@xxxxxxxxxx
On 15 Jul 2007 9:29:59 +0000, "Angus Manwaring"
<angus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10-Jul-07 19:55:46, jh said
Angus Manwaring schrieb:
On 07-Jul-07 23:00:06, RichL said

From what I can tell I think mine is very late sixties/early
seventies,
but I'd like to have a more definite idea.

Hi Angus,

can you tell us a little bit more about the cosmetics of the amp.

pictures???

Hi Jochen, any thoughts from these pictures?

http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/Temp/AC30.html

Anybody else?

All the best,
Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove
ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of
Amiga
Game reviews by Amiga players

Here's one but in good shape...

http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/AGDB/AGDB.html
http://www.zzounds.com/item--VOXAC30CC

JP, do you have any idea how close the circuits in those AC30CC's are
the
real "vintage" ones? Do they use tube rectifiers? I have one of the
old
ones and I've been considering getting the CC for when mine goes in
the
shop
(often).

No, but someone here probably does. I looked at the sales hype and it
is an interesting amp. Might try one and see if you have a dealer
close.Thier tech can probably tell you the skinney in the amp and
circuit board also. The vox website has info and customer service
might be able to answer all of your questions...you can just ship that
old Vox to me and not have to worry with the damned old thing anymore
if ya want to...lol...probably sound just fine with my SRV
strat...J.P.

Just checked the Vox site...the tube complement for the CC includes a
GZ-34, which is a rectifier tube...so I guess that answers the question.

If you're interested in my old Vox, I'll ask my kids to post a notice
here
upon my death. Until then -- no way! It's my favorite amp (when it's
working correctly, that is). It has the Celestion greenbacks in it, at
some
point if I can get my hands on some Alnico blues for a decent price I'd
probably swap those in.

I actually tried out the new Brian May model (AC-30BM) which has an
onboard
treble booster as well as a switch that takes two power tubes out of the
circuit, lowering it to 15W. Unfortunately the setting didn't allow me
really crank it up and give it a proper evaluation. Besides, they wanted
$2300 for it, which at the time was a little too steep for my blood!

Think the kids would wait for a reply? Mine would pawn it so they
could go spend it ASAP...lol...

Actually both of my sons play and they're both lusting after that AC-30 as
well...so you may have to wait another generation ;-)

  • Re: Vox AC30 - age and type?
    ... is an interesting amp. ... The vox website has info and customer service ... If you're interested in my old Vox, I'll ask my kids to post a notice here ... circuit, lowering it to 15W. ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: Vox AC30 - age and type?
    ... is an interesting amp. ... The vox website has info and customer service ... Just checked the Vox site...the tube complement for the CC includes a ... circuit, lowering it to 15W. ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: Vox AC30 - age and type?
    ... is an interesting amp. ... The vox website has info and customer service ... If you're interested in my old Vox, I'll ask my kids to post a notice ... circuit, lowering it to 15W. ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: Vox AC30 - age and type?
    ... is an interesting amp. ... The vox website has info and customer service ... If you're interested in my old Vox, I'll ask my kids to post a notice ... circuit, lowering it to 15W. ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: Lovin the VOX
    ... I mentioned purchasing a VOX ACtv4 over the week end. ... the .25 watt setting pretty much all the time because the others ... Is it loud enough to serve as your stage monitor or do you ...  So the 4 watt amp has as much ...
    (alt.guitar)