Re: Ping Rick: Graphite rollers for whammy
- From: "Stephen Cowell" <scowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 13:56:17 -0500
"Mogens V." <mogensv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Rick, I'm interested in your results with his custom made rollers for the
Gibson Kahler you installed on a Marks's Gibson Gothic V.
Do you make custom graphite rollers for various saddle arrangement?
Graphite rollers... got to be the stupidest idea
I've ever heard of. Why have them roll, then?
The Rockinger whammy on a Duesenberg Starplayer from '87 has a problem
with rollers made to sloppy tolerances for fitting precicely in the
saddles, plus the hole through them is too big for the steel axel.
In effect, they sit loose and vibrates, sucking tone and sustain.
There is no way around this. Roller bridges
suck tone, always will.
- Prev by Date: Re: Ping Rick: Graphite rollers for whammy
- Next by Date: Re: Another effects loop question...
- Previous by thread: Re: Ping Rick: Graphite rollers for whammy
- Next by thread: Re: Ping Rick: Graphite rollers for whammy