Re: A question I'm afraid to ask

You're about to find out why Mesa Boogie amps leak trash
from the overdrive channel(s) into the clean channel(s).

Good luck with that.

Lord Valve
Expert

Dr Gang wrote:

Hi boys,

I'm working on my ultra versatile tube amp project and recently ordered the
parts. Among them, there are some 19 Vactec optocouplers. According to the
datasheet, the typical "off resistance" of a VTL5C1 is 50 MOhms while the
"on resistance" is in the hundred ohms. The other optocouplers from the
VTL5CX serie offer smaller "off resistance" and higher "on resistance" and I
can't see the point in wanting them for switching purpose. Still, resellers
offer them and I'm wondering why.
Did I miss something ?

I'll have to submit a schematic to you soon about the switching section by
the way, stay sharp ! :)

.