Re: '65 Fender deluxe reverb blackface - what should it sound like?
- From: pauls <pauls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 23:00:38 -0800
Thanks for telling me about that highpass filter on the volume
control. I looked at the the schematics and see that, yes, it's there
on the vibrato channel!
(see 2nd to last page)
That explains alot!
Does the rectifier tube (5AR4/GZ3) make much difference in the sound?
Thanks for your posting!
On 3 Feb 2007 20:59:28 -0800, "Valvesmith" <timba.eisen@xxxxxxxxx>
The 65 Re' DR has a 100 watt Jensen installed. The original speaker.
had some nice break up. 100 watter, not so much. DR amps have a high
pass on the volume control, like a bright switch you can't turn off.
A pair of wire cutters fixes that. Deluxe Reverbs are my favorite
amp. The 65 Re' needs that high pass cut out, a 35 watt C12Q reissue
Jesen or Greenback and a better 5AR4/GZ34.
- Prev by Date: Re: SHUT OFF THE POWER, PROTEST FEB. 1
- Next by Date: Re: VAN HALEN IS BACK!
- Previous by thread: Re: '65 Fender deluxe reverb blackface - what should it sound like?
- Next by thread: Re: '65 Fender deluxe reverb blackface - what should it sound like?